Thursday, August 13, 2009

Tell me again how this is a good story??.....


So I just watched "The King And I" and all-in-all I guess I'd say I liked it. However there is one major issue that bothers me about this movie/musical. HOW THA HECK IS THA KING JUST GONNA DIE AT THE END???!!!! What were Rogers and Hammerstein on?? I mean....this white English woman comes to Siam to "teach" and all she does is educate a few people, confuse the king, turn one of his females against him, and then consequently become the death of him when she decides to leave! All I could really come away with after I saw the moie was this one thing: white women may be great, but they'll surely be the death of you! lol. That goes out to all my fellow men who are looking for a little snow bunny love. Enjoy, but watch out! Or you'll end up like Yul Brynner!

No comments:

Post a Comment